Sunday, July 20, 2008

Purple & Green!

Wow... I am surrendering to the need to cut things out! Who'd have ever seen that one coming??
This basically comes from Lauren's Saturday sketch, but it's also a little bit from Sharon's Stamp Simply challenge for Purple Flowers! When I checked the sketch, I had a pinky kind of card in my head but when I went to select a shade, I picked Elegant Eggplant instead. I LOVE this color and I don't use it very much... I added Pale Plum and Certainly Celery as my accent colors on this card, and then chose Very Vanilla instead of Whisper White. I wanted to use a roundish image cut out for that top corner and I've never used this particular flower before (I don't think, anyway!). So it's popped up, on a whole bunch of dimensional edges, so it won't get squashed down! I also have some Celery brads and Celery ribbon, and this butterfly's wings are cut out and popped up on dimensionals as well! Here's a different view for detail:

6 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful! Love that you chose a flower in place. Oh and the 3D elelments too!! Thanks for playing-it looks great :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job on your card! Lovely design!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card! The colors are fabulous! How long does it take you to make this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Tanya! Love all the elements that you put on this card -- it's a real stunner! So glad you played in Sharon's challenge, it's so fun to see what everyone comes up with!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job on the sketch, your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tanya-
    Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is great! I LOVE your work.
    Kindly,
    ~Eve

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...