Saturday, July 19, 2008

My boy!

He is growing up! He's had a birthday this week, and I think that's always a little crazy when your oldest gets older... (altho...are we ever going to out-grow Thomas-themed birthdays? LOL!) This is his first store-bought birthday cake(s), and I think he was a little excited!
So here are his cute birthday invitations. The balloons come from the same sneak peek set as that cupcake I last used. I drew the strings from the balloons and even came up with the corny poem. He was so funny finding the rhymes when we were delivering the invites! Anyway, I used a piece of Tempting Turquoise for the base. The balloons were stamped and cut out of various shades of Bold Brights colors and the invitation part was typed up and printed off and glued to the back! Simple enough...!
Here is his birthday card and you can see more of the new stamp set! Yes, its called Sock Monkey! It comes with all the stamps I used on this card, plus five others! I think its so cute! And since I haven't whined enough about cutting lately, I thought I'd try my hand at paper-piecing!!! Yes folks, I'm nuts! I used the brand new Pacific Point card stock for the card base here, as well as for the balloon and pieces of the hat. The monkey was pieced using Creamy Caramel card stock, stamped with the Canvas stamp in Close to Cocoa ink! Then I colored the rest of him using the Bordering Blue watercolor crayon and Blender Pens. I pieced the cupcake with More Mustard for the liner and Chocolate Chip for the frosting. I added glitter with my 2-Way glue pen to the top of the hat and the flame of the candle. The balloons have Silver Cord strings and are tied together, they're also popped up on Dimensionals and I have a little 'shine' with the White Gel Pen.
I think this is the most work I've ever put into a card, and its for a little boy! Goodness!
Now a story about him growing up...! Monday morning, Sienna was asleep in our bed and Hunter came to wake all three of us up. He told us he'd made something and we all needed to come see. How many times does he make a new train track design or lego village? So it took us a few minutes, but we went down to see. I even took the camera to save myself a trip back up. And THIS is what we saw!!! He made each of us BREAKFAST! No, he's never been "allowed" to pour cereal or milk, (not because I don't let him, but because I just do it...) but he did it! He'd chosen what he thought was each of our favorites and it was ready to go! He even put sugar on the corn flakes and wheaties! We were very impressed (even tho it meant eating very soggy cereal)! He was soooo proud of himself he had that beaming grin on til well after we were done eating. Guess he's growing up!

2 comments:

  1. Cute card, it's always hard for me to make boy cards, you did a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie! Fun cards too- nicely done!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...