Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Lauren's Sketch

I love it when something turns out nice, and perfect for the person you planned it for! The coloring could be better, and I wish I'd planned for space to add a layer beneath the white images, but this is still a keeper! I used Lauren's Saturday (on Friday) sketch for the design. I have a card base from the fabulous new Baja Breeze card stock! It really is an awesome water color! Then I have a layer of So Saffron for a soft, sunny shade, then Creamy Caramel for the sand color. I used this girl from Summer By The Sea, stamped in Chocolate Chip ink, and colored her with my pastels. Another tool I haven't used much in a long time! My little squares are also stamped in Chocolate Chip ink, the greeting is edged in So Saffron ink and the bottom piece comes from the flowers she's standing in. Then I wrapped a little White grosgrain ribbon around the bottom and tied the center with some Linen Thread. Yup, I'm happy with it!

2 comments:

  1. Oh how precious did that turn out! I love it. Great soft summer colors. Nicely done :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at you getting some fun projects done! Wonderful! BTW, I agree with you about Alison's blog! I love to read her's...she ALWAYS has something going on in her life that turns out so funny. She is a wonderful person to be around... always making you laugh!

    ReplyDelete

Tell me what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...